Thursday, August 2, 2007





I will try to make this blog as unique as I can. Recently, I thought about how the Dukes of Hazzard tv show is a reflection of the Civil War itself. There are more ways than I listed here but these are some of the main ones that i've enjoyed my whole life.



Jeb Stuart Duke appeared in the third season episode"Along Came a Duke". An obvious reference to General JEB Stuart of the Confederacy.


In one episode Bo duke says "We have more firepoweron our tail than the Yankees had at Gettysburg."


A horse named "Manassas" appears in an episode called "The Rustlers"


The General Lee, the 1969 Dodge Charger was named after Robert E. Lee.


Daisy Dukes jeep is called "Dixie" This might refer to the National Anthem of the Confederacy.


The Confederate Tag appears on the roof of the General Lee and on the licence plates of cop cars


Boss Hogg's full name was Jefferson Davis Hogg, and his benevolent twin brother's name was Abraham Lincoln Hogg, an obvious reference to the presidents of the Confederacy and the Union during the Civil War, Jefferson Davis and Abraham Lincoln, respectively. Abraham Lincoln Hogg is a good guy and Jefferson Davis Hogg is a crooked politican.


I hope you enjoyed this as much as I have. Its a lot of fun using the Civil War in relation to something else.

No comments: