Sunday, October 19, 2008

My next book

My next Civil War book and possibly my final Civil War read of 2008 will be The Lincoln Murder Conspiracies by William Hanchett. It is an older book from 1983 but most of research is still good. I have read so much about the Lincoln Assassination since 2007 that I figured that I might as well continue reading on it. This book is a unique one because it details the several conspiracy.

Among the accused have been members of the Confederate government, including Jefferson Davis, the Catholic Church and members of Lincoln's own Cabinet. Hanchett examines these conspiracy theories and the people who put forward the theories in an attempt to find out if a higher authority, civil or religious, ordered John Wilkes Booth and his co-conspirators to kill Lincoln and members of his Cabinet. I cannot wait to dive in!

No comments: